Wednesday 1 October 2008

Album Covers cont.

Cover Art

I continued to look at album covers for more recent and new bands.
I looked at the album work of The Ting Tings, Maximo Park, The Enemy, Oasis and The Wombats.
I like this cover from The Emeny's
 album "We'll live and die in these towns". The writing is clear and stands out well against the black background. 

I don't think i would do an album cover like this myself though because i think its a bit boring and its not exiting enough for me.


Where as the album covers for The Wombats and The Ting Tings, are far
 more exciting and colourful. This is why i have chosen to base my album art work on the work of these two covers. I like the bright and bold text on both and the bright red background on The Ting Tings cover. 


After finally finding cover art that I want to base my own on, I took a look at the websites for all of them. 

Websites

Here is a screen grab of the Ting Tings website. www.thetingtings.com
They have used really bright colours on every page of the website. They have also illu
strated the images to make they look modern and interesting. I feel that the design of
 the website really reflects the genre of music that they produce. 
On the main page of the website they have a vertical menu, which enables the viewer to move onto different pages of the website. For example there is an "images" page, which contains photographs of the bands gigs and professional photographs taken and edited of the band.
 There is also an album for the cover art of the band. 
Alongside the images page, there is also blog, information about the band (history), a members signing up page, recordings, gigs, and buying music and tickets pages. 
I am going to incorporate these pages into my website for my band. 

I have taken some screen grabs of the website. This is the main homepage, followed by the images gallery, and a grab of the menu. 




No comments: